There’s nothing like a summer road trip to create lasting memories for your family. Whether you’re traveling in-state or visiting hotspots across the country, safety should be a number one priority. These safe driving tips from Ledford Agency LLC can help keep you accident-free during your summer travels in Midland, TX and surrounding areas.
Safe Driving Habits for Road Trip Travels
The secret to safe, enjoyable road trips is planning. Plan your routes, make reservations for camping or hotels in advance, and have your vehicle inspected before hitting the road to ensure it’s in good shape for your journey.
We also recommend that you:
- Schedule your driving time to avoid road congestion as much as possible. Try to arrive in new places during daylight so you can easily find your accommodations for the night.
- Take frequent breaks to stretch and rest to avoid driving exhausted Stay alert and avoid using your phone or other devices that can distract you on the highway.
- Stick to the speed limit to avoid getting ticketed or causing an accident.
- Keep an eye on your gas tank to ensure you have ample fuel to reach your destination, even if you have to endure long waits in traffic.
- Check your tires daily for signs of wear and tear or low pressure. If your vehicle shows signs of potential problems, no matter how small, have it checked right away to avoid getting stranded on the side of the road later down the line.
- Make sure everyone is wearing their seat belts while you’re traveling to help prevent serious injury in the event of an accident.
Update Auto Insurance Coverage
Before hitting the road, review and update your auto insurance coverage from Ledford Agency LLC in Midland, TX to ensure you have ample protection for your travels. We’re here to meet all your auto insurance needs.